You can't really express yourself under surveillance.
Ad-based social media (facebook, twitter, snapchat, tiktok, etc.) profit by spying.
Here's just a sample of what separates Asylum:
- No forced registration (even Signal requires phone number)
- No upload of phone contacts
- No persistent location tracking
- No snooping of clipboard data
- No screenshots allowed
- No forced permanence—everything can be edited or deleted
- No ads, no personal data collection
- No sniffing of installed apps on your device (WhatsApp does this)
- No native microphone access (WhatsApp, Facebook, Siri, Alexa, etc.)
- No credit cards or billing addresses saved in our files
- No corporate bureaucracy or government lobbyists
A key component of trustless systems is noncollection. Even if our network is compromised, an attacker can't steal data we never
collected in the first place.